Friday, October 17, 2014

I want to thank Camas Ridge Elementary for giving me the opportunity to be the artist for this project. I also want to thank all the students for participating. We can all say that this is our mural!
In the Spring of 2014 we met during "community time classrooms" to sketch, brainstorm and develop the design. During the Summer I purchased the materials, finalized the design and drew the black outlines. When School began in the Fall every student had an opportunity to paint and help on the creation of the artwork. This has been one of my most successful projects because I was able to work with the entire student body of 420 students. Together with the helping hands of volunteers we all colored the panels using a mixture of acrylic paints and a waterproof polyuratene, which created a permanent watercolor aesthetic.

This mural, 'The Triangle of Values' was installed and unveiled in the front entrance of the school with a musical celebration.


















No comments: